Storm Pictures (4-16-07)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIOceanographer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here is Pier 5, normally one of the easiest shore dives in RI... but not today.... :D

Took this picture driving into work this morning. If you have been to the pier that will put the scale of those waves breaking over it into perspective.

storm2.jpg

And this picture gives you an idea of how high the water got overnight.

storm1.jpg

Gabriel90512:
RIO.. you could do that .......... just make sure you have a good snorkel

I was thinking more like dye markers, flares and an EPIRB. :D

The biggest wave I ever bodyboarded was in front of that pier after a local storm and nearly pushed me smack into it. When things settle down its going to be surf city if the wind is blowing properly. Awsome pics. Could you have pulled over and looked over the wall for the ultimate pic or were there warnings out not to go near the wall?

Thanks

The waves were still occasionally splashing over the wall still so it wouldn't have been a good idea.

I took both of those shots out of my car window as I was driving by.

Anyone for Hazard Ave night dive tonight. Its easy, we just slide down the algae (cyanobacteria) to get in and Chris will vouch that the ocean will spit you out gently on the rocks and up to the parking lot you'll be.

RIOceanographer:
I was thinking more like dye markers, flares and an EPIRB. :D

More like a spatula to scrape you off the rocks :smash: :splat:

ScubaSarus:
Anyone for Hazard Ave night dive tonight. Its easy, we just slide down the algae (cyanobacteria) to get in...

Johnnyseko got half of that entry procedure right the last time I was there. He slipped on the rocks.... except he landed in the emergency room instead of the ocean....

ScubaSarus:
Chris will vouch that the ocean will spit you out gently on the rocks and up to the parking lot you'll be.

I might describe it differently. For example, I would substitute the words "violently" and "launch" for "gently" and "spit".

Back
Top Bottom