storyboard beach resort in palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dived palau this summer. did a lot of research. found carp island resort. a small island just opposite of peleliu. beautiful small island with a very basic resort, mainly booked by japoneese.

island has sandy beaches you can stroll on, snorkeling, swimming even to a small island. they have power 24 hours. food is japoneese style. resort is very basic but i loved it. no ac but fan and no hot water (water is never cold) next time i will stay there only.

as mentioned before, location is big advantage. you are just out at the diving sites. boat rides are short. they run their own diving operation. guides are very attendive. no big deal certification wise. first dive will be an easy one and there they will notice your skills. as a photographer total freedom was given to me.

liveaboard: if you like it, no problem big blue explorer for instance is just mooring at the anker out there. on the boat you should devinitely not get seasick but keep in mind, vessel is just a swimming hotel. so there is not a real need for a liveaboard.

later on, stayed in koror, carolines resort. in my opinion the best place in koror. you can use the facilities of the palau pacific resort (swimming pool, tennis, spa and beach) the ppr does never ever stand up to their prices (you will get kicked out of the pool by 7pm).

reef hoock. very smart and helpful divise. can be bought or rented. in very strong currents and there is sometimes strong current at bluehole, you look for a dead coral, hoock yourself on with a line of about 7' and a boltsnap (right name?) for connecting to a d-ring. inflate your bcd and you will stay just in place.
remember: before unhoocking, deflate your bcd:D

enjoy your late honeymoon and sorry for my spelling
glad to answer more questions

@ all
what they mean by "generator"
power will not be supplied for 24hours/day

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom