Stowing stage bottle regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couple of advantages to NOT putting clips on the deco rigs for our team:

1) Clip costs $6 to $12. 3" of bungie & 6" of braided #24 nylon costs $0.04.

2) Adds weight to my gear that I transport around.

3) Its an easy way to identify if someone is using backgas. Look for the clip on the reg in their gob. While its not a primary identifier of gas, its a nice easy item to look for when doing a status check on the team.

roflcopter.gif

what were his reasons?

The "Cave3 IE" was my Cave2 instructor...

Don't need it. (you've got plenty of time to stow afterall)
Creates "unique" O2 reg.
Confusion with long hose reg. (which hose is in that buddies mouth afterall...)

We discussed the fixed clip in class. He advises tying a small loop of bungie onto the stage regs to use as a backup in case bands break. I use them in MX where rubber bands last about a week so you're always getting rental tanks with iffy bands on them. I cut them off locally since they are a pain to have on stages with dry gloves.

Unique o2 reg? Why not just use a yellow hose and mouth guard?

(I know which forum this is, so please note the sarcasm)

it doesn't create a unique o2 reg. all our regs have it. identifying the long hose by a clip is ok but not a deco reg? wonky... everyone on my team knows what reg everyone is breathing at all times. it's why we do the gas switches the way we do.

the 'you don't need it' comment is the only one I think is particularly valid. it's certainly not needed. can't argue with that.

I could point you towards a cave 3 IE that is on our side if you like :wink:.

27-Sonya_wakulla_42207-148.jpg

glad they got that one out of the cave before it killed someone

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom