Straight from Sunni Triangle (cleared to post)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
hey, here are a couple pics I just recieved on a thumb drive, in case anyone is interested. I would say my dive buddy looks like he is doing pretty well. he just sent me the Titanium Stinger for my b-day from Iraq. Maybe he saw our thread "gear I want but can't afford!" Lots of Iraqi's seem to sport the mustache.

Glad to hear all is well. How much longer until he comes home?

catherine96821:
hey, here are a couple pics I just recieved on a thumb drive, in case anyone is interested. I would say my dive buddy looks like he is doing pretty well. he just sent me the Titanium Stinger for my b-day from Iraq. Maybe he saw our thread "gear I want but can't afford!" Lots of Iraqi's seem to sport the mustache.

Uh, unless I am mistaken, the guy in the middle of picture number 1 is carrying a carbine with no magazine. What's up with that situation?

Do the pics help you sleep a little easier? He'll be back before you know it. :D

Oh shoot, I forgot. This really nice person PM'd me a while back and asked for JB's address.(from Orange park, Florida.)Anyway, he said they recieved a HUGE box of starbuck's coffee, cakes, all kinds of stuff. Anyway, they were all excited and going crazy for coffe because they have been drinking nothing but chai with the iraqi's for 6 weeks now. so, then they realize that it is beans, and they were all bummed out and then someone found a very nice stainless high end grinder in the box. How great is that?
So, they took a picture of all the Iraqi soldiers sitting around with the American Marines drinking Starbucks and sent it to the person with a big thank-you.
Thanks, out there, your kind deed meant so much to them! SB-er, I forgot your name, but they wrote you care of Starbucks in Orange Park!

Green_Manelishi:
Uh, unless I am mistaken, the guy in the middle of picture number 1 is carrying a carbine with no magazine. What's up with that situation?

You think I know? maybe they are just posing.

yes, howard, it is the first time I have seen his face since he left. (last time he lost 18 lbs, so I do feel better.) The food situation much better this time. LOTS of lamb curry.

Scubapolly, Sept. 8th! and then we go to Bali for the photo workshop. loved your boat pic, looks like a nice boat!

I don't know much about the guns they use, you probably know what you are looking at. The officers were very excited to get rifles this time, because last time they only had pistols. I THINK. No disrespect taken.

it may have been taken at a place called the Phoenix Academy in Taji.
It is interesting the "Taz" Russian vehicles they are driving.

Catherine: Good to see a picture of your Marine Capt. I'm sure he will be happy to be out of his fatigues and doing some nice diving this fall.

GREEN MANELISHI: The Marine is unlocked and unloaded since he is not tactical. If you have any real military experience you probably already know that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom