Straight from Sunni Triangle (cleared to post)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
Thanks, all!

MDB, thanks for the comment. He has three tours so was a bit surprised when he was sent this time. They said he was hand picked because he has so much combat experience. I am surprised how well he gets on with the Iraqi's, they seem very tight from the stories. Some are men he fought against in a previous tour, if you can imagine that. They talk about some of the same battles, from different sides.

Address

Captain James Beal
I MHG MTT 2 (3/3)
Unit 42702
FPO AP 96426-2702

thank-you everyone, it means a lot. the worry is always gnawing.

as far as the rifle thing, I don't know anything. Just remember he LIVES with the guys in the picture. he is embedded with the Iraqi Army, so he is often more vulnerable than just having his gun not cocked and loaded.

mseat, thanks for serving. were you injured?

Catherine: Your brave Marine is in our thoughts and prayers. He was chosen as one of the best. My time as a Marine officer in Vietnam and other posts taught me that the Corps selected their best to teach and train. Your JB is, obviously, one of those men we used to call "water walkers". The best of the best. May he come home safe and soon.

The loaded/unloaded comments "don't mean nothing" as we used to say in Vietnam. I'm sure he is doing the right thing all the time.

Hope you can relax in the ocean soon. A good tonic for the stress of waiting.

thanks, i told him about the well wishes from some "X-marines" and he quickly corrected me that you are a former Marine, there are no "X" Marines.

He said that he is inside the camp, where he does not stay loaded and those two Iraqi guys are his gaurds.

mdb, looked at your web site. wow you are all over. did you all invent bio-fins?

catherine96821:
thanks, i told him about the well wishes from some "X-marines" and he quickly corrected me that you are a former Marine, there are no "X" Marines.

He said that he is inside the camp, where he does not stay loaded and those two Iraqi guys are his gaurds.

mdb, looked at your web site. wow you are all over. did you all invent bio-fins?

Catherine: Good to know that your JB is getting some support from board members. He will sure be in our thoughts until he is home safe.

Apollo was the first to develop the new Natures Wing [tm] technology. We spent over two years and $2,000,000 using different materials and molding techniques before releasing the first bio-fin pro models. Using only natural rubber and compression molding produces a very comfortable and efficent fin. There are now multiple copies on the market. We believe that the original is still the best.

I keep hearing about those, I will have to get some. I am, as my dad says, "queer for gear".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom