Strange Bottom Timer Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlent

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a UWATEC bottom timer and it always worked perfectly until last weekend. I did a bunch of short dives for a rescue class and about an hour later I went on another dive. The bottom timer showed that I was at 56 minutes at the start of the dive. Has anyone else had any problems like that?

Failure of an electronic instrument which is used in sea water is not an unheard of thing. Pack it up and sent it back to Scubapro for service. In the meantime you should have at least one back-up.

maybe it stayed wet and didnt properly switch into surface mode.

^ My thoughts as well.
Personally I'd give it another go on a shallow fun dive or two and compare it with your buddy's computers/bottom timers. The UWatec bottom timers are fairly reliable.

Cool. I'll try it out again this weekend. I do carry a backup so I won't get in trouble if it fails.

SparticleBrane:
^ My thoughts as well.
Personally I'd give it another go on a shallow fun dive or two and compare it with your buddy's computers/bottom timers. The UWatec bottom timers are fairly reliable.

Are your straps on really tight and did you leave it on your arm during the SI? If you put pressure on the back of the Uwatec BT, it will think it is a few feet deeper and might be logging the "dive".

I did 7 dives this weekend and the timer worked fine. Maybe it was wet between dives last week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom