Strange Creature in Lake Ouachita, AR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chuck41

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anybody familiar with a fresh water aquatic creature that has a triangular mouth with the entire roof and bottom of the mouth lined with teeth that look like molars?

I have pictures here: http://www.royalcs.com/scuba/ouachita/index.html#thing

I can't seem to find anyone that has even a slight clue as to what this thing might be.:confused:

I will keep track of this thread to see if anyone can help you ID that 'creature'. :11:

Tamas:
A turtle perhaps?

Turtles don't have teeth. :wink:

I would take it an archeologist for identification.

That is an interesting object. I was gonna guess Turtle as well cuz of the shape, but the brain, Ms. Red Head, :D reminded us that turtles don't have teeth, so correct as always :wink: . Now don't I feel silly. :11:

hmmm, but could it be a ancient turtle that clear back when creatures were evolving be a reminant of what used to be?

ScubaCatgirl:
Ms. Red Head, :D reminded us that turtles don't have teeth, so correct as always :wink: .

You sayin' I'm a smartypants? :28:

Well sometimes. :lol:

I've found fossils around the Mississippi River and have taken them to the university for ID. They're very helpful. Just call the anthropology department at the local university.

TheRedHead:
Turtles don't have teeth. :wink:

2.gif
you are right!

maybe an ancient turtle? or a turtle with non-removable dentures? :D

either way they look like grinding teeth or some sort, could be from a water/river mammal of some sort that chews on weeds/grass and *grinds* it up?

What do Manatee jaws look like?

TheRedHead:
I would take it an archeologist for identification.

I don't think an archeologist would think much of this outside of WOW,,,what a creature,,,,but maybe a herpetologist or ichthyologist might be of help. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom