Strobe arm and tray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Colin Gray

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Am looking to add a strobe (YS-01) to my Canon G11 with Canon housing. Have found many different arms and trays to add. Most expensive being UCLS??, the Sea and Sea Sea arm VII, or Backscatter's own flex arm. Being technologically challenged (still haven't figured manual settings on G11, have only used auto settings) does anyone have any thoughts on which arm and tray would be the best to purchase? Thanks for any help:)

I bought a dual arm from opticaloceansales dot com and its awesome. Pretty well priced and works like a charm. New strobes will make a world of difference and open up a new realm of underwater photography.

i bought a YS1 for my S90 with the flex arm from Backscatter. I thought it worked great, although i have no experience with any others.

I have the Sea&Sea arm VII (S&S DX-1G with YS110 strobe) and am very pleased with it. Currently I am considering adding a second arm for a second strobe and that would be the S-tray and double arm set from Opticaloceansales dot com. About the same price as a single S&S VII arm. Although I don't have any experience with that new arm set yet I would advise an arm from OpticalOceansales. The price looks unbeatable and the quality looks good.

Thanks to all for your sugguestions:)

Back
Top Bottom