Strobe arms and lense storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oversea

Reaction score
I have the oly 5050 with ikelite housing. I am getting the ds125 strobe/arm kit and am thinking about the inon wide angle lense. My question is regarding lense mounting when not in use. I have seen a piece that mounts (it appears to) within the strobe arm as sort of an extension. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I prefer the Digital Lens Dock. You simply slip the lens into place and tighten a large thumbscrew which gently tightens the holder to protect the delicate threads on the lens. You don't have to worry about screwing the lens into place, possibly crossthreading it in a hurry U/W and damaging the threads. The kit also comes with a leash that attaches to your lens so just in case you do drop it, it won't sink into the deep blue! You can attach it anywhere you want with zip-ties. With the Inon holder, you have to have it about halfway up the strobe arm, which makes your rig off balance on that side. My DLD is mounted to the base of my arm which keeps the weight at the bottom and easier to handle.

The only advantage to the Inon holder is you can attach two lenses. But neither will have a leash. If you only have a WA lens, the DLD is perfect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom