Strobe Arms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hypertech

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have ordered the Fix S95 housing for my first underwater camera. I am considering adding a strobe right away. The YS-01 is the front runner. If I get the ULCS tray, should I also get the handle? Or do I not need that with a P&S? Also, How do I figure out what length arms to get? And, do you get the arm with the strobe connection right on it or are you better off with an extra clamp right at the strobe and going with ball ends on all the arms?

I would suggest, yes, get the handle, #AC-H (the blue one), clamp (#AC-CSF), then 5 inch or 8 inch double ball arm, clamp, then # AD-SSL (sea & sea strobe adapter, long version).

I have the IKE S90, YS-01, and the above configuration of ULCS hardware, and it's great. I have the 5 inch arm, but will probably get the 8 inch soon. I also have the TR-DM tray.

I avoided the arm with strobe mount on it, and prefer going "arm to clamp to strobe adapter" for maximum flexibility in twisting, turning, aiming, etc. the clamp that I have called out is their newer one. It allows a little more "swing".

To answer your initial question, yes, get the handle/grip. And for what it's worth, the YS-01 is great !!

Reef photo is really fast. Yesterday they delivered me the ys01 and the tray setup with a 5" double ball and 5" mounting arm. This was their recommendation so I thought I'd give it a try. Now, if that housing would just come in......

Back
Top Bottom