strobe compatibility question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably, I think the only connection point you'dhave to worry about is making sure that the screw that screws into your tripod mount at the bottom will fit.

Nay:
Probably, I think the only connection point you'dhave to worry about is making sure that the screw that screws into your tripod mount at the bottom will fit.
and will it connect to just any strobe?

Jag

Most strobes have different connections but there are adaptors. I have Ultralight arms for my Sea & Sea strobe and when I bought them I bought a Sea & Sea adpator.
If you bought a Sea & Sea package with the strobe and arms they would work fine. You would probably run into problems though if you got an Inon strobe with Sea & Sea arms or something like that.

I only really have experience with my strobe but the Canon housing you have has a standard size tripod mount for a tray.

Are you looking at buying from an LDS or other online scuba retailer? If that's the case you can just call them once you've decided what you want to confirm that everything will fit together.

Nay:
Most strobes have different connections but there are adaptors. I have Ultralight arms for my Sea & Sea strobe and when I bought them I bought a Sea & Sea adpator.
If you bought a Sea & Sea package with the strobe and arms they would work fine. You would probably run into problems though if you got an Inon strobe with Sea & Sea arms or something like that.

I only really have experience with my strobe but the Canon housing you have has a standard size tripod mount for a tray.

Are you looking at buying from an LDS or other online scuba retailer? If that's the case you can just call them once you've decided what you want to confirm that everything will fit together.
thanks for the replies guys... well seems the tray/arm question is moot as i'm getting the strobe (sea and sea YS25) with a set of fisheye tray and locline arm

it's 2nd hand so i know it fits... thanks for the answer on the tripod hole

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom