Strobe info for canon g9 with canon housing??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a g7 with an ikelite housing, i have got many good macro shots with an inon strobe, unfortunately i flooded the strobe and replaced it with a sea & sea ys110. Since then all my pics have been, well rubbish, it seems that the ys110 does not give enough light even on its brightest setting, and all my pics aretaken in tropical waters. can anyone suggest what is wrong

Ocean, you are hijacking your own damn thread with the lens discussions! :rofl3:

Both strobes work well, just depends on your future plans, availability, and support. I'm guessing where you be at, support is a likely about the same, but Ike is US made, and Ike does a good job at fixing stuff at low cost even out of warranty.

The Inon's are really tight little strobes. I don't think the output is as nice, but I know a number of folks that use them in sets of two, and they work REALLY well. The Ikelites do really good TTL, especially with their housings. If you have to do a manual controller in an Ike, I'd go Inon.

Good luck, and safe diving.

Back
Top Bottom