Strobe recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ready4Launch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I read through the 22 pages of the sticky thread under the General Scuba Equipment category. While good information is there, it's an older thread, and I'd like recommendations for strobes. The Tektites on Leisurepro are convincing me not to buy them.

Anything new or different? And to be clear, I am talking about strobes -- flashing -- not a constant-glow-stick-like thing. Something for signaling in a SAR situation.

many (most, all?) modern dive lights have a strobe function. so i would not be buying a dedicated strobe.

I got a pair of the TekTite LED 200 strobes ($55 each from DGX).

I haven't used them yet. What did you see that is convincing you not to buy them?

@giffenk I bought them to hang on an anchor line or other spot to help me find my way back to it. Not so much for being rescued. Regardless, I think the omni-directional aspect of a dedicated strobe vs a flashlight seems very useful.

These: Stroboskop - Trojan are getting good reviews over this side of the pond. Brighter than the Narked at ninety ones. Rechargable Lithium ion battery good to 150M. I use two and they are bright. Only negative is that the pcb board discharges the battery when not in use over about 6 weeks.

Cathal

I use a Jotron AQ4. If I were in the market for a new one I'd buy a N@90 Pathfinder. But to be honest I don't use mine enough to warrant the expense (and size) of a Pathfinder. Looks like a very nice strobe though.

Back
Top Bottom