Strobe Set for Canon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glenoreno

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a relatively inexpensive strobe set for my Canon G7 and WP-DC11 housing. Has anyone used the Fantasea Double Nano or have any experience with Fantasea strobes? I can't justify $800 and up for a strobe to use on one dive vacation very other year and the Fantasea price sure looks good.

Thank,
Glen

Glenoreno:
Looking for a relatively inexpensive strobe set for my Canon G7 and WP-DC11 housing. Has anyone used the Fantasea Double Nano or have any experience with Fantasea strobes? I can't justify $800 and up for a strobe to use on one dive vacation very other year and the Fantasea price sure looks good.

Thank,
Glen

You will need a strobe for the G7 and the canon case. I find that the diffuser will not work that well when getting real close in macro mode. The big lense enclosure puts a shadow across your subject.

I think I'm going to go with the Inon z240 as I believe I will continue to upgrade and this way I'll keep the strobe and arm. But then I plan on using it diving here in the Pacific Northwest as well.

Glenoreno:
why do you try to justify ?
can you justify your G7 housing ?
can you justify your annual trip ?
can you justify your diving gear ?

can I justify my $5000$ diving stuff, or more, to do 20-30 dives a year ? :shakehead

it's only pleasure, no justification needed !

I understand your point but if the Fantasea flash does the job that I want the strobe to do, I would rather spend the $500 on something else that I may need or want. Do you have experience with Fantasea strobes?

Keep the info coming.

Here is another thread discussing the Nano (which is apparently sold by several manufacturers under different names).

Chris Bangs also wrote:
The little strobe does have 3 power settings and comes with 3 diffusers. that would give you 9 manual power settings.

I do recomend that you get the fiberoptic sync cord! otherwise your internal flash will still muck up the image.

Another economical strobe is the Sealife Digital flash. it has manual adjustment and more coverage/ballery life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom