Strobes for the Sea and Sea DX-2G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geordie97

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am picking up a DX-2G for a really good price and need a strobe (or 2) for it. I currently have a GoPro2 with the 2 Suprema 44 LED's for video but I don't think they will work very well for the still pics (any opinions on this would be greatly appreciated). I know that Sea and Sea recommended the YS-110 or YS-110a but I was wondering what other lights I might be able to find used, that would work with the camera?

Thanks for the help.

Larry

Any digital camera compatible strobe should work, as long as the strobe can handle the Auto Exposure pre flash.

I suggest you stay away from the YS110 as they had issues with the optical triggering circuitry not always triggerring properly. They work fine with a wired synch cable, but you will be using optical.

Note that if you set the camera to manual flash it will not preflash.

Thanks for the info about the preflash. What about the Intova ISS2000? Seems pretty inexpensive but looks like it has decent writeups.

Any digital camera compatible strobe should work, as long as the strobe can handle the Auto Exposure pre flash.

I suggest you stay away from the YS110 as they had issues with the optical triggering circuitry not always triggerring properly. They work fine with a wired synch cable, but you will be using optical.

Note that if you set the camera to manual flash it will not preflash.

Back
Top Bottom