Stuart area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Headed down to Stuart for a wedding over memorial day (long weekend) - any dive ops in this area - or am I better off driving on down to Jupiter?

Also - any shore diving in this area? (even if subpar - any chance to get in the water I am game for)

thanks!

Drive to Jupiter. There are several ops in the area, Jupiter Dive Center ( my favorite ), Captain Sl8er, Stuart Scuba, etc.

Stuart exit off of I-95 is 101 or 102 and Jupiter is 87. The cities are not very far apart

And for shore diving check out Blue Heron Bridge

I dove with Stuart Scuba back in March, but their boat is in Jupiter. Great dive op. Dove with sheeper, who posts here regularly

Although I didn't get to dive it, and I regret it, but Blue Heron Bridge is nearby. One of the better shore dives in Florida from what I've been told.

Have fun

Drive to Jupiter. There are several ops in the area, Jupiter Dive Center ( my favorite ), Captain Sl8er, Stuart Scuba, etc.

Stuart exit off of I-95 is 101 or 102 and Jupiter is 87. The cities are not very far apart
thanks - I dove with Jupiter Dive center about 6 or 7 years ago - had no issues - I am with my non-diving wife, so figured the shorter the drive the better -

Blue heron is probably a little further than I want to drive (heck I am lazy) but if I do -how long are you dives there? I know you are shallow, but have to time it with slack tide - didn't know if that limits your dive length vs air consumption

BHB is about 15 minutes past the Jupiter exit. You dive at slack high tide. I usually enter about 45 minutes before and usual get about 80 to 90 minutes total dive though 120 is possible. No deeper then 20 feet. Night dives there are my favorite. And you never know what you will see. I saw my first guitarfish there last week.

BHB is about 15 minutes past the Jupiter exit. You dive at slack high tide. I usually enter about 45 minutes before and usual get about 80 to 90 minutes total dive though 120 is possible. No deeper then 20 feet. Night dives there are my favorite. And you never know what you will see. I saw my first guitarfish there last week.
thanks - dumb questions - how do they feel about solo divers? or should I find someone here to meet up with - or just show up?

Solo at BHB? No problem. Although it is helpful to have someone show you around the first time there. I politely tagged along with a couple my first time there and it helped.

Agreed. Solo is a nonissue but you might get more out of it with a guide or buddying with a regular. Force-e just down the street can supply tanks, weights, flag and info. They even have a map of the site.

sounds great - when it gets closer I will come on back and ask - where is the best way to find the tide tables? I figured it was the type of place if I showed up and looked competent I should be able to find a buddy?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom