stuart Cove 12-18-06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey, just got back from my trip to bahamas and wanted to review Stuart's cove dive op.

First...it was really easy to set up a dive with them. and while being on vacation is a really nice thing to do. I was able to reserve a spot the day right before the dive at my hotel.

Second...the actual dive shop was awesome, it looked great, I wanted to go for a dive right there at their dock being as I could actually see the bottom. (here in NY we don't get many chances to see anything).

the people were very nice, but I felt that they couldn't care less about you being there or not, which was kind of nice and kinda eh. they seem to run this place like a cattle farm. I guess they just get alot of divers so they make it very streamlined and I was alittle put off by this.

the boat was fine, had enough room and the captain was a very nice man. An OW instructor came with us on the dive...she was gourgous by the way...anyway. we did two dives the first at the sandslope a wall dive with the walls' max depth of 6500 our max 80 feet for about 50 mins. Nice dive. not much fish life or healthy coral...but I was warned about this by other divers. the second dive was at a wreck which i can't remember the name right now but max depth of 50 ft, and we did about a 45 min dive there. Nice wreak, but when you dive mostly in wreak vally up here, you kinda get to see what real wreaks look like. the other divers on the boat were really nice people and I of course got set up with a instabuddy who hadn't dove since he was certified two years ago, so I kept it to be a very conservative dive keeping a close eye on him, but everything went really well.

overall, dive was great, OW instructor was hot! price alittle much. but I had a good time and would go out with them again....but no way in hell was I paying 15 dollors for a picture of me underwater!

ps. sorry about all the spelling and grammer errors, Im sitting here at work at 4 30 in the mourning trying to stay up.

Well, would you pay $15. for a picture of you with the gorgeous instructor? :>)

When I went with Stuart Cove, I felt like cattle. Nice people, but I did a week of diving with them, and always had different crew\dm.
Did you do the Shark dive? That was what made Stuart Cove worth while. I got Shark Certified, and was took part in a controlled shark eating. I had sharks all around me, inches away from me.
Aside from the shark dive, I wouldn't dive there again since as it was mentioned the fish\corals aren't that great.

Michael

Spend a few days with them and let them get to know how you dive and you get to see the really good spots with tons of fish and healthy coral if there are enough decent divers to justify sending a boat to those spots. The first dive we did with them was to such a sorry reef we thought we'd made a serious mistake in going there. It wasn't long before we were seeing the really nice sites including the "Anne" which is normally a private charter only site. There's an amazing reef at 50+ feet near the Anne, that's the shallow part of the dive.
Ber :lilbunny:

caymaniac:
Well, would you pay $15. for a picture of you with the gorgeous instructor? :>)

Possibly $30, she was worth it. and no, I didn't do the shark dive. I have sharks in my own back yard that I have dove with. And I was told by some locals that those sharks you dive with in the bahamas are actually vegiterian. J/k and they get fed cobb salad before you make your dives there.

I'm leaving tonight for the Bahamas, I've booked 28 dives with them over 7 days. I shure hope I didn't make a mistake. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Did Stuart Coves the same week several years ago. Nothing but good memories. My daughters first dive with sharks !!

I had a blast with stuart coves. Can't wait to go back.

Brent

I just returned from RCCL Majesty of the Seas' 7 day Christmas cruise and dove with Stuart Cove's. As they are the only game left in town (Nassau Scuba Centre and DiveDiveDive are gone), there's nobody else to choose from. And if you're arriving on a ship, they won't let you book on the internet so you're paying $105.

As I cruise w/ Majesty OTS frequently, I was a bit disappointed on this particular trip as they wouldn't let us go over the wall. The most interesting thing I saw on this trip were three lionfish between the four wrecks we swam around on.

They have six or seven boats with up to 24 divers on the biggest boat and have enough workers they actually bring them in/out on one of their buses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom