stuart Cove 12-18-06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went diving with Stuart Cove in Nov 2006 and I had a very hot blond divemaster named Heather. The names of the places we went were Treasure Wreck and Sea Viking.

She was so hot!! I think she said she was a linguist.

I haven’t been to Stuart Cove for 6 or 7 years, but then they were starting to take every new diver (to them) on a pretty bland dive and they were pretty good at checking out everyone’s skills there. There were a lot of complaints about divers crashing into reefs because they had no buoyancy control, so this was a way to weed out those and keep them off the more delicate sites. I took some video of a few divers crashing into the reef and showed it to Michelle after the dive, and she rebooked those divers for the next day to go back to the “safe” dive site.

I was there this past September and dove with Heather and yes, I agree, she is "Hot"!!
Also, her dive briefing was interesting and entertaining. So, she gets my vote for looks and linguistic ability! Does anyone else care to cast a vote for Heather?

Hi, Gang,

I have been diving off New Providence for 10 years and lots has changed. Several shops have disappeared and Stuart Cove has turned into a mill. There is another game in town: Bahama Divers. If you are staying on Paradise Island, BD are very close and SC is very, very far. Cable Beach is a push...

Of the two, Stuart has more sites, but rarely goes to the nice ones any more...unless someone on board knows the sites and requests them. Some of the old sites, such as the Runway, are dead. The James Bond sites are a joke. However, the Shark Adventure is still fun---a lot of hype, but fun.:10:

Bahama Divers are nice folks and it is a smaller company so you get more attention. The sites are good, but limited. They go to a nice wreck site, too. The Blue or Black Hole--I forget what they called it--is good on a day when the clarity is good; after a rain--which can happen often in the summer--it is wanting. However, on a good day it is fun to look closely at the walls for micro life.:D

We have seen both Southern Stingrays and an occasional shark when diving with them. One of the drawbacks of the shark-feeding dives that SC does is that it tends to draw sharks away from other areas. Hey, they are no fools--free food, here we come!

If I had to chose between the two dive shops, I would pick Bahama Divers because they let you stay down longer and they make you feel more like a diver than a customer/account/source of $$$$.

This may not last long, though. Rumor has it that SC is trying to buy them out....:11:

joewr

Ber Rabbit:
Spend a few days with them and let them get to know how you dive and you get to see the really good spots with tons of fish and healthy coral if there are enough decent divers to justify sending a boat to those spots. The first dive we did with them was to such a sorry reef we thought we'd made a serious mistake in going there. It wasn't long before we were seeing the really nice sites including the "Anne" which is normally a private charter only site. There's an amazing reef at 50+ feet near the Anne, that's the shallow part of the dive.
Ber :lilbunny:

Unfortunately, the Anne is no longer there - it went over the edge of the wall during the last hurricane. Damn shame, as that was a nice dive. Deep, but a nice dive all the same. Hanging under the superstructure off the edge of the wall in 50m plus was cool...

Mark

MarkUK:
Unfortunately, the Anne is no longer there - it went over the edge of the wall during the last hurricane. Damn shame, as that was a nice dive. Deep, but a nice dive all the same. Hanging under the superstructure off the edge of the wall in 50m plus was cool...

Mark

Was that the Anne or the one they called "Clifton's Wreck"? Clifton's was upside down and kind of clinging to the side of the wall, I didn't think the Anne was that close to the drop off but I was a little narced on that dive :D

Whichever one it was it's a daggone shame, both of them were cool.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom