Stupid Ike!!! No AOW today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishOutUvH2O

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Thanks to the outer bands of Ike I've got some free time to be typing on ScubaBoard. The harbor master has closed the harbor, so no diving today. :depressed:

Christi (BlueXT) if you read this today, you know we're blaming you!:D But, you can make-up for it by baking us some of those muffins. Just kidding (about the blame part, we still want those muffins)! There's always tomorrow for us to torment Arturo!:coffee:

And for those of you that don't know about Christi and BlueXt, this is a great person and great operation. She patiently sat through and answered a barrage of silly questions from my wife and I yesterday evening. And after nearly an hour of my wife and I's silliness, when we asked for a recommended restaurant, she promptly pulled out a map and listed 10 restaurants (she even made a little legend on the map for us). And never once showed any sign of impatience with us. If you knew my wife and I, that's quite an accomplishment.:angel2:

Since the water's to rough to play in, and the cruise ship folk are making the prices of everything go up in town, we're going to do some studying for the AOW and then go play a vicious game of ping-pong.:mooner:

That is why her op is so highly recommended.

Brian

That is why her op is so highly recommended.

Brian

I agree Christi and Blue-XT-Sea are awesome. Dove with them a couple weeks ago when Gustav went by.

Chriti pointed the way to Wet Wendy's and we had some awesome margi's and they're sea food burrito is to die for. She printed out a map and gave us directions. Now that is service!!

Attachments

• CZ-1.jpg
    CZ-1.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 54
I was amazed that Ike came so close. September storms in the Bahamas have always headed north; I think this is a first for one to head west like that, much less south & west. Came surprisingly close to the Yucatan, but only skirted it slightly. Just kinda goes to show that history is not always the expectation. Sorry you were blown out, it happens, but should be better soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom