Sturgeon watch at Cultus lake.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Had a report of what appears to be a Sturgeon making an appearance at Main Beach during the dawn and dusk hours. Planning to gamble and try my hand at swimming with it tomorrow morning. I'll be at the Main Beach dock system at 5:30am if anyones interested.

I can't make it Dale but you'd increase your odds of seeing one if you stop at the Vedder first and grab a dead salmon. I'd put it in a container with holes in it and weight it down in a likely spot. If you can leave it there for an hour or two before checking it you may get lucky.

Skunk 1 Dale 0
Thanks for that idea Andrew, I may just try that. There is a group of residents that live at Main Beach and they plan to let me know if they see it coming around again. I may try again on Thursday at dusk.

Holy crap that would be cool to see!!! Dale, I don't suppose you've added a vintage camera to your gear collection, have you? Photos of that sucker would be great!

anyone for diving this weekend? I'm 6 days in to quit smoking, would like to go for celebation dives!

Skunked again but not complaining.
I was listening to a CD of the Beachboys Endless Summer on the drive up and the song "The girls on the beach" kept running through my head as I swam through the long milfoil of the littoral zone. Observed four different schools of fish (Sticklebacks, Pike minnow, some sort of shiner/minnow and largemouth suckers) as well as sighting a few Cultus lake Sculpins. Also found an Olympus 790 SW camera that I think might still work (dry inside). It has a goofy battery though that I need to get charged.

No UW camera yet but it's getting close. I'm probably going for a GoPro if I can stop buying old crap long enough to save up :bonk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom