Subic Macro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

klausi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Being the contrarian which I am, I went to Subic Bay to photograph not all the ship wrecks there, but the small animals which live on and around the wrecks. And there are lots of them. Especially cleaner shrimp seem to love the wrecks. Gobies of the hovering type (Trimma) can be found on the underside of wreck structures. Cardinal fish like the crevices of the wrecks, and in the sand next to the wrecks I found several species of shrimp gobies, and sand anemones. I saw a seahorse, too. There is a also a decent variety of nudibranchs and flatworms underwater in Subic.

What this experience demonstrated to me is how my perception as a photographer depends on the lens I have mounted on my camera! I never noticed much of this nice macro-diversity during a previous visit to Subic, when I was swimming around with a wide-angle lens, and was shooting the wrecks themselves.

I also wrote up a brief macro-photo-guide to Subic. Enjoy.

37535157486_8cd87ed8d1.jpg

37211748180_dd70817981.jpg

36799585053_60663e6648.jpg

37325364900_03322cee29.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom