SubSurface and the new Deep6 Excursion firmware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
rhwestfall

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there any initiative or timeline for the new deep6 Excursion (firmware re-write) to be included in SubSurface supported devices? I've delayed upgrading from the current firmware due to wanting logging support.

Thanks.

Adding another data point:

I just upgraded to Windows 11 pro and now the watch (with the new firmware) is not discoverable under the laptop's Bluetooth settings when the watch is in sync mode. I also check on my iPhone and the device is not discoverable there either when in sync mode, however, my iPhone never "saw" the watch on the previous firmware.

Enable the "Save libdivecomputer logfile" checkbox, try to download your dives again, and send me the generated log file.

Attachments

• subsurface.log.txt
    688 bytes · Views: 49
Adding another data point:

I just upgraded to Windows 11 pro and now the watch (with the new firmware) is not discoverable under the laptop's Bluetooth settings when the watch is in sync mode. I also check on my iPhone and the device is not discoverable there either when in sync mode, however, my iPhone never "saw" the watch on the previous firmware.
Every once in a while I've seen that happen on mine too on OS X, or even on the old firmware with the dive story app. Turning off the Excursion and turning it back on made it show up again.

The log file shows that a command was send to the dive computer, but no response was received. That might indicate an issue at the bluetooth layer. Can you also show the subsurface logging?

Windows:
FAQ

Mac/Linux:
Start subsurface from the command-line and redirect stderr and stdout to a file:
Bash:
./subsurface > subsurface.log 2>&1

Every once in a while I've seen that happen on mine too on OS X, or even on the old firmware with the dive story app. Turning off the Excursion and turning it back on made it show up again.
Have you successfully done a BT download to Subsurface with the new firmware?

Have you successfully done a BT download to Subsurface with the new firmware?
On OS X, yes, but it was a version I built myself against a patched version of libdivecomputer and it was a while ago.

I haven't had luck building a working version since I updated to the latest version of OS X. But that's not just the Excursion, it just doesn't recognize any ble devices.

When the OS X builds stopped working for me I did builds in windows in a VM and was able to download from it in the VM.

On OS X, yes, but it was a version I built myself against a patched version of libdivecomputer and it was a while ago.

I haven't had luck building a working version since I updated to the latest version of OS X. But that's not just the Excursion, it just doesn't recognize any ble devices.

When the OS X builds stopped working for me I did builds in windows in a VM and was able to download from it in the VM.
LOL. I am not encouraged that a meer mortal on WIN11 and Android can yet download the Excursion with the new firmware.

Enable the "Save libdivecomputer logfile" checkbox, try to download your dives again, and send me the generated log file.
I can’t even get the computer to show up in the Bluetooth device section now on my laptop. Going to try a few things then if I get it showing up I’ll send over the log file.

Thanks for your help!

I’ve cycled it a few times, going to try again this afternoon, maybe roll back to win 10, or try on my Ubuntu partition.

Back
Top Bottom