SubSurface and the new Deep6 Excursion firmware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
rhwestfall

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there any initiative or timeline for the new deep6 Excursion (firmware re-write) to be included in SubSurface supported devices? I've delayed upgrading from the current firmware due to wanting logging support.

Thanks.

The new firmware is killer. if you can live without uploading your dives for a bit I would recommend going for for it. I just don't understand why I am locked out of the daily builds, it should have the new version of libdivecomputer library in it.

You can also try a build from the Github actions: Actions · subsurface/subsurface
Choose one of the successful Pull Requests builds in the list (but not master), and there you can download a zip file with the Windows artifacts from that build.

thank you, thank solved the downlod. Now I am getting this error:
1686062626103.png

Same here. 64-bit WIN11.
Has anyone tried via smart device connection.. iOS or android? I don't even mess with trying to get dc's to sync with PC's, they're just too finicky..

I downloaded the android apk for the latest build. Neither of my apk installers can parse it. Fail.

I downloaded the android apk for the latest build. Neither of my apk installers can parse it. Fail.

This is what Dirk said on the Subsurface forum in regards to android. Hope this helps.

- the Android beta build is currently broken and I cannot unbreak it because of a rather frustrating set of dependent issues that need to be solved, first.
- thank you Google, for forcing another completely unnecessary version upgrade orgy on your unpaid contributors.
- the workaround right now is to leave the beta program (you can do this in the Google Play app), uninstall Subsurface-mobile, wait a short while (because this appears to take a moment to "settle in" or more likely be shared out among the distributed backend systems at Google) and then reinstall Subsurface-mobile - which will then get you the production version.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom