Subway Watersports owner murdered

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd go back to roatan in a heartbeat. Absolutely beautiful island, enjoyable diving, cool ambiance in West End. I'm a bit more careful at night than I used to be but think that may be as much to do with my age as anything else. Have friends there that started out as 21 year old DM candidates, now managing the shop for many years. There was a period of time where business owners were being targeted, but that was cleaned up. These young people all live together or very near each other, watch each others backs. Party together and as I said despite having had some trouble with robbery or burglary, they've been there for years with no apparent intention to leave. Heck I've been burgled here st home. Guy was still in my house when I arrived home. Happens everywhere. Don't talk around looking like a victim , do keep you wits about you, but there is probably little chance of something terrible happening to you in west end.

Mike, have you been doing your diving while on cruiseship port stops?

i don't recommend buying property or visiting connecticut

Disgusting. The lack of that decency for murdered innocent children displays why it's so easy for some to defend Roatan's murders as nothing unusual, why such a disgusting desire to drag everything down to the lowest base, the lack of humanity and respect for life?

i don't recommend buying property or visiting connecticut

As you can tell by the responses of that statement it is a very sensitive issue in America at the moment if you are currently in Utila, the whole nation is in mourning after that attack on such young life. However I do understand the context of your statement, especially in context with this thread. The whole world is a violent place whether its in a third world country or not, I find that the people of America who are doing these shootings do it in a more cowardly and pathetic way with absolute no reason. Its very sad, and scary as being the spouse of a school teacher myself. I would rather her be able to arm herself at school, along with any qualified teachers and administration.

Reactions: Doc
my point is that i'm sure no one who constantly posts on here and tripadvisor about crime in the bay islands is doing/has ever done the same on colorado, connecticut etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. travel sites.

---------- Post added December 16th, 2012 at 05:18 PM ----------

Disgusting. The lack of that decency for murdered innocent children displays why it's so easy for some to defend Roatan's murders as nothing unusual, why such a disgusting desire to drag everything down to the lowest base, the lack of humanity and respect for life?

so whats the difference when you constantly harp on about murders on roatan??

Last edited:

so whats the difference
A large part of the difference is that even with these 28 murdered, the murder rate in conneticut for this past year will still be many times over less than Roatan and roughly 15 times less than Honduras as a whole, Also, the one responsible will not be walking around town this week and neighbors and victims families are not living in fear of retaliation worrying the shooters family will come after them because he died, no matter how he met his demise. Those are a few of the differences, That and along with the FACT that the whole freaking world knows about it already, If people tried to downplay this tragedy I am sure many would pick up on it to get the word out but it was not ever covered up or downplayed. I am pretty sure worldwide there are millions upon millions of people who know little if anything about Hondurs, let alone the Bay Islands or the crime but I am pretty sure a lot of those same folks know about Connecticut

What next, Will you tell us how dangerous the states of New York , Pensylvalnia and Virginia are because of 9/11/2001, Of course even with the volume killed in NYC on that day the Annual murder rate for NY in 2001 would still me many times over less than Honduras if those numbers were included.

Last edited:

A large part of the difference is that even with these 28 murdered, the murder rate in conneticut for this past year will still be many times over less than Roatan and roughly 15 times less than Honduras as a whole, Also, the one responsible will not be walking around town this week and neighbors and victims families are not living in fear of retaliation worrying the shooters family will come after them because he died, no matter how he met his demise. Those are a few of the differences, That and along with the FACT that the whole freaking world knows about it already, If people tried to downplay this tragedy I am sure many would pick up on it to get the word out but it was not ever covered up or downplayed. I am pretty sure worldwide there are millions upon millions of people who know little if anything about Hondurs, let alone the Bay Islands or the crime but I am pretty sure a lot of those same folks know about Connecticut

What next, Will you tell us how dangerous the states of New York , Pensylvalnia and Virginia are because of 9/11/2001, Of course even with the volume killed in NYC on that day the Annual murder rate for NY in 2001 would still me many times over less than Honduras if those numbers were included.

bowdown.gif

Thank you for injecting some reason and sensibility. Very well said.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom