Such thing as SAFE asthma dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

movieflick:

Good for you. Use common sense, maybe watch your depth for awhile?, have a plan in mind as to what you will do in an emergency, make sure anyone you dive with is aware of your issue and knows your planned response to an emergency.

If your condition condition changes significantly over time get a new evaluation to make sure you remain safe.

Just my opinion, of course.

jd950:
movieflick:

Good for you. Use common sense, maybe watch your depth for awhile?, have a plan in mind as to what you will do in an emergency, make sure anyone you dive with is aware of your issue and knows your planned response to an emergency.

If your condition condition changes significantly over time get a new evaluation to make sure you remain safe.

Just my opinion, of course.

Absolutly! The HB doc is going to send me his dictation so I can have them with me in case any of the dive companies need reassurance that I am ok to dive. I will always make it known I have asthma for my saftey as much as everyone else around me.

CONGRATS !!! time to get wet !

Sounds good. Have fun diving. But keep track of the seasons when you wheeze, and be careful around those times. I would always keep an inhaler on the dive site. Perhaps even keep an old one wrapped up in several zip lock bag and tuck into your BC just in case. It often will happen when you least expect it (drysuit leaked while you are swimming upstream, etc.).

Drysuit :confused: dont say such nasty words --- just kidding. Yea I was told to keep all my meds in my dive kit on the boat and to still take 2 puffs on my inhaler 15 mins before diving.

Classes start next week :D I get to see all the cool fishlife in the local swimming pool...Well at least visability will be high :wink:

Back
Top Bottom