Sudafed in Cozumel with prescription?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brsnow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can you bring sudafed into mexico , Cozumel if it is prescribed in the pill bottle?

I just bring it in the boxes it comes in, never had any issues.

It is considered a controlled substance in Mexico. Lots of people get away with it, but some go to jail.

@DandyDon

It is considered a controlled substance in Mexico. Lots of people get away with it, but some go to jail.

@DandyDon
I read that and then the next paragraph says you can enter with prescriptions so I wasn’t sure how to read it

The original Sudafed, containing pseudoephedrine?
If so, that would not be something I'd do. It's illegal, and all it takes is one customs agent, and your life just got a lot more complicated.
I bring mine in my bottle of antacid or in one of my wife's prescriptions - the pills are essentially the same size.

If it was me I would take it in the packaging that it came in with the Dr label, but I would only take the number of pills that I need for the trip.

Can you bring sudafed into mexico , Cozumel if it is prescribed in the pill bottle?
The original Sudafed, containing pseudoephedrine? Not legally, nope. There is a risk of being in possession of it in Mexico, no exceptions.
Only because you have not been caught.

@DandyDon
Yeah, me. I always take a card of 24, but it's risky.
I read that and then the next paragraph says you can enter with prescriptions so I wasn’t sure how to read it
I don't see what you saw?
The original Sudafed, containing pseudoephedrine?
If so, that would not be something I'd do. It's illegal, and all it takes is one customs agent, and your life just got a lot more complicated.
I bring mine in my bottle of antacid or in one of my wife's prescriptions - the pills are essentially the same size.
Some do that, which would look even more suspicious if caught, but I guess caught is caught either way.
If it was me I would take it in the packaging that it came in with the Dr label, but I would only take the number of pills that I need for the trip.
That won't help if caught.

So in Mexico is it banned even if by prescription? Like our schedule 1?

If not but banned to bring in even with a prescription could the OP bring a prescription and have it filled once in country?

I don’t need it, but prefer it. I do follow the rules though:)

So in Mexico is it banned even if by prescription? Like our schedule 1?

If not but banned to bring in even with a prescription could the OP bring a prescription and have it filled once in country?
No, their law prohibits it in the nation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom