Suggestion for VT3 firmware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yyidus

Registered
Reaction score
So, something I recently noticed:

I went diving with EAN32 recently. On shore, while setting up the gear, I set up the VT3 for EAN32. Checked pressure, and then started donning the gear. Did the buddy check, and walked to the water and swam out to the dive spot.

Somewhere during this time period, the VT3 turned off (power saving?). No worries me thinks.. it turns on when you enter the water.

Well it did.. except, it reset back to air. I didn't even realize it until a few minutes into the dive I noted that it wasn't tracking my oxygen. Since I knew my limits I just kept diving and ignored the problem.... BUT. I really think it shouldn't reset out to air.. at least not until a few hours have passed.... Anyone else had this happen? Any obvious ways to avoid this problem short of selecting your air mix when you're in the water?

If this was your first dive of the day, the VT3 will shut off 2 hours after you turned it on. So to avoid the problem, make sure you dive within 2 hours after turning on the computer. When it shuts off, it will reset to "air". So if you go past 2 hours, you need to reset the FO2.

After your first dive, the computer won't turn off for 24 hours, so its not an issue for subsequent dives.

I'm pretty sure I set it to EAN32 at MOST 20 minutes before my dive. I really doubt it took me two hours to don my gear and get out there... :(. I'll pay closer attention next time though. Two hours is definitely more than enough time, and if that's the case, then I'm fine with the way it is.

Remember, its not 2 hours from when you set your FO2, its 2 hours from when you turn it on.

Is it possible you turned it on well prior setting the FO2 and donning your gear? For example a tank pressure check?

Remember, its not 2 hours from when you set your FO2, its 2 hours from when you turn it on.

Is it possible you turned it on well prior setting the FO2 and donning your gear? For example a tank pressure check?

Hmm. It's definitely possible. I'll keep that in mind for the future. Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom