Suggestions for one day dives in Queensland right now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NeesiePie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! Currently in Oz for the first time but unfortunately can only spare one day to go diving. I'm a DM with 30+ years diving, BF is newly certified OW but very comfortable. We're cruising up and down the Queensland coast so we can go anywhere north of Brisbane and south of Cairns. I know this really isn't the time of year for diving, but we're only here for a couple weeks. If anybody has a suggestion for what they would consider the best spot and operator I would greatly appreciate it. TIA!

north of Brisbane and south of Cairns
That is 1,700km or 1,056.33 miles, and only one day do to dive in 2 weeks.
Where are you at the moment?

That is 1,700km or 1,056.33 miles, and only one day do to dive in 2 weeks.
Where are you at the moment?
We're currently around Tully, and we need to be back in Brisbane in about 10 days time, so we can run up to Cairns to do a dive, or we can hit somewhere on the way back down south. Just not sure where would be the best place to go when you can only do a day trip

OMG so many options and a massive coastine to cover!

Out of Cairns (my home town) plenty of decent day trips. See here.

Mid way on the coast I highly recommend the Yongala out of Ayr. Spectacular dive. Your boyfriend will need to do a Deep Dive orientation for an extra $25 because the wrecks in 30m ( just a briefing and goes with a guide) but well worth it.

Or is there only one in Ayr?
Yes only one but it's actually in Alva.

+1 for the Yongala, but it is weather dependant, and take sea sickness meds if you are prone to sea sickness, but worth it

Thanks! Do you have a shop recommendation for the yongala? Or is there only one in Ayr?
Cant seem to DM you. I gave a link to book with info, but as others posted above only 1 shop near Ayr. DM me if you need specific details of the operation

Wolf Rock is supposed to be excellent, have not yet got to do it but have sailed past it four times, looked great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom