Suggestions for Tampa/Gulf area diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eandiver:
Ben runs an excellent boat for sure. I've been out with him lots of times and all were enjoyable. I think he sold one of his boats recently due to the red tide problems last summer. Unless he has raised his rates he was charging $60 for a 2 tank dive and Mike Miller is a great DM too.

It's been over a year since I've been out with them and the rate then was about the
$60 you mention. I heard that the rates had gone up in the area because of the fuel
but this is just something I had overheard. I've enjoyed all my dives with them and they have a very friendly operation. I especially enjoyed a dive which was the remains
of the old clearwater bridge that had been deposited as an artificial reef, the fish life
in this wreckage was incredible.

Kevin

IMHO I think the old clearwater pass bridge rubble you mentioned, Tabletop and the three barges (pinellas south reef?) are the best dive spots around. In the next couple of weeks I'm going to try and get out with Aquatic Obsessions here in St.Pete to some of the south pinellas spots since 90% of my diving has been out of Clearwater and north.

eandiver:
IMHO I think the old clearwater pass bridge rubble you mentioned, Tabletop and the three barges (pinellas south reef?) are the best dive spots around. In the next couple of weeks I'm going to try and get out with Aquatic Obsessions here in St.Pete to some of the south pinellas spots since 90% of my diving has been out of Clearwater and north.

How thick of a wet suit are you wearing out there these days, 5 or 7 mm??

eandiver:

I have dived the South & North dive spots and to be honest I find the southern ones far superior. Hope you enjoy.

My 7mm Bare. The water has been low 60's on the surface and 50's at depth.

cdiver2, have you done the Gunsmoke by any chance?

Go to Crystal River. You can dive King Springs but the experience with swimming with the manatees is so awesome it is worth the trip.

I have some friends that start dive training next week and I hope to accompany them on the springs and/or river check-out dives. Need to get my fins wet!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom