Suggestions on where to travel with kids

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ammermaid

Reaction score
I am planning a dive vacation during spring break and would like to go to an all inclusive family type resort since I have 9 and 10 yr old sons. I had good luck in the past with both the diving and resorts in Cozumel and Curacao in the last 2 years. Can anyone else offer any suggestions?Thanks!

Are your kids diving/snorkeling? Where are you coming from? How far/long do you want to travel? Is diving your main concern, or is it location, or is it the type of resort (all inclusive). If your main requirement is all-inclusive with babysitting while you dive and your kids don't, look at Club Med for the geographic areas you are interested in. Not all Club Med's take kids at that age, so you may have to pick and choose.

Also, since spring break is nearly upon you, your resort choices may be limited - how flexible are you?

Spring break can be tricky. Mexico is very popular f/ college kids, because the drinking age is 18. I'd avoid Cancun during spring break.

A more expensive destination may be the way to go, as the college kids will go where it is the cheapest. There are some hotels which require the guests to be over 21 to check in. Others that have a "No spring breakers' policy. I would look into both of those options. Also, a kids club will be very helpful. You will be able to go diving & know that the kids are safe & having fun too.

My main concern is all inclusive since I am a single mom. I like to spend 3 days out of the trip diving. I checked out Club Med and none of the family resorts appeal to me (however I did do the Club Med Turks and Caicos resort with a friend and recommend that for the diving and resort). I am pretty open to where I am going. I am from California. I would love to try Belize or Caymans since I have never been there but I do not think that family type all inclusive resorts even exist there.

Welcome to SB. You're also welcome to introduce yourself in our Meet & Greet forum, if you'd like? Click: http://www.scubaboard.com/f19.html

Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan has a pretty good kids program, if you're up for that kinds of travel, passports required, malaria preventative meds suggested. Go to this forum http://www.scubaboard.com/f24.html and read over threads about AKR...

don

I don't know of any in Belize that are all-inclusive and include a complete kid's program - I've looked extensively there recently. That said, you may want to look at hiring a nanny and a condo - would probably be cheaper and easier to come by at this time for a very busy week...

What is your price range for a week? Places like Turtle Beach in Barbados are excellent, but they will cost you a small fortune... $800/nt or so this time of year...

Im guessing that if Curacao & Cozumel are on your list then a conservative budget is not. I would suggest renting a houseboat. They offer the freedom to explore,dive,eat,sleep whenever you choose. You are in complete control of your trip.
My favorite website is "www.bahamahouseboats.com

It may seem pricey at first but if you figure in what you will pay somewhere else, plus boat dives, its actually a GREAT deal. Houseboats can be rented at just about any location.

Good luck!

Beaches in Provo (T&C). All inclusive, very good kids program. Also, Curacao. There is an Aqaurium there, they have an awesome Dolphin program that the kids will love...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom