Suit for SoCal diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had a USIA bilam and a DUI TLS350 trilam that were light, dried quickly but tore easily on rocks and wrecks. The DUI leaked on 97 out of 100 dives. The Poseidon suit was heavier than my tanks and weights. The Diving Concepts suits and my current suit, a Waterproof have cordura and seem to be bullet-proof as far as climbing over rocks. I like the Waterproof for the seal replacement system. I can easily pop off a torn seal and replace it in less than a minute without glue. I had a DUI suit with ZipSeals but it was a hassle to get in the suit with dry gloves. With my Waterproof suit I use my old Diving Concepts rig system so I can just pop my gloves on and off without using wrist seals.

I live in San Diego and try to dive bi-weekly. I started in a 7mm and was fine for single tank shore dives. When I was on the boats, which in my opinion is the best diving in CA. I was freezing between dives. I tried hot showers, boat coats, etc... Just miserable. I bought my drysuit (BARE Trilam Tech Dry) and use a goretex BARE brand undergarment (don't know weight or model as I bought it second hand and tag was cut off). I use REI mid weight Merino wool long johns as a base layer. My life is changed and I dive more... I enjoy the boats amenities and food instead of vigorously trying warm myself before putting my cold wet neoprene back on for the next dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom