Suit for St. Lucia diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm new to diving, and I'll be traveling to St. Lucia to do my open water advanced certification in May. I'm looking to get some sort of exposure suit, since the trip last year was apparently plagued by jellyfish. Any suggestions for an affordable suit that will offer protection against such wildlife/would be appropriate for Caribbean waters? Thanks!

From that information no one can guess what thickness suit you will need. A 0.5-1mm neoprene or even lycra skin will provide protection and is plenty warm enough for some people. Other people will want a 3mm or even more. Beyond that, it's a matter of what fits you well, as very brand of suit will be different.

zhostetler, I was down there in April and had a great trip...I chose to wear my 3MM suit and was comfortable on every dive. The superman's flight dive was incredible and we were lucky enough to come face to face with two mating turtles. The wreck dive on the mid-side of the island was also an amazing thing to see, lots of swim through and macro life.

If you'd like a recommendation for a good dive master please let me know, we used two local guys on the South Side of the island all Ville Fort - great Dive Masters

I dove there with a 3mm. The water is warm but since you will be doing several dives a day you will lose a lot of heat without some thermal protection. You should be comfortable in a 3mm and will appreciate it at the end of the day. Have a great trip.

Larry

zhostetler, how was your trip? What shop did you end up using and what did you think of St Lucia diving?

Curious to know!

Back
Top Bottom