suit snot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Om3ga*wolf_1362...

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
i'm gonna be mixing up some snot for when i'm on my jollies,
but the problem is the conditioner i've got is perfumed up, so my question is if anyones made some before, how did you get rid of the smell???...
i've had the open bottle in the airing closet for about a week and it still smells,
i'm thinking about putting some in the microwave, to see how that goes...
but if anyones already been down this road, let us know...
thanks...

What the h*** are you talking about? How about speaking in English.

right, i'll start again, i'm gonna mix some suit snot, but the conditioner smells of perfume...
does anyone know of a way to get rid of the smell...
that's about as english as i can make it...

Maybe I am thinking you're mixing up some lubricant to help you put your wetsuit on?? And you don't like the smell of the fragrances in the conditioner?

I've heard of folks using baby shampoo for wetsuit lubricants. Perhaps the odor is not as offensive as the conditioner you're using?

It is hard to understand your English, perhaps you can clarify for us.

If the smell is in your wetsuit, I would suggest turning it inside out, and let the sunshine on it. It might evaporate the fragrance faster than leaving it in the closet.

If the smell is in the stuff you mixed up, I don't think you can microwave that lube and get rid of the odor in the stuff you made.

fisherdvm, you got it mate,
i read somewhere on here that the smell of the conditioner spooks the fish, so i'm trying to descent the conditioner...
i am thinking of going with that latex lube, but i thought i'd try the cheap way first...

Last edited:
"The Unites States and Great Britain, two countries separated by a common language."

Was that Churchill or Shaw?

What is in your recipe for the concoction?

1/3 hair conditioner, 2/3 water,
me, i don't really mind the smell, but if it's gonna affect the fish i'd be a fool not to at least try to get rid of it...

Go to a health food store and buy organic fragrance free conditioner. A bit more money, but a little goes a long way. You can dilute it 3 or 4 to 1.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom