Suit suggestions for August 2-9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StuartT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Going to Cozumel for the first time on Sunday and looking for suggestions on either my 3mm full or 5mm full. Don't want to bring both. Doing 3 days of 2 tank diving. Should be getting 60 plus min dives unless fighting current. My speed is slow and slower.

Wife & I did 29 dives in two weeks last of June/early July in just skins. We were comfy. Neither of us get cold easily. Exposure protection is very personal. YMMV. Have fun. :)

3 MM or less. Water temp will be above 80 F.

I logged 82 on Monday and used an old crushed down 3/2, primarily as a rash gaurd.

Me at that time - surf shorts and nylon tshirt though I started wearing a 3mm jacket that is getting crushed. My wife - 3mm full suit- gets cold easily. My wife in February there - 3mm full and 3mm shorty over it. Still cold. Depends on your tolerance.

Unless you are known to get very cold- 3mm.

We dive 3mms in December/January and only tend to get cold at the very end of a long second dives with enough current that there is no swimming at all, and only near the end of the week. Heck, even in December I find myself letting water in to cool down a bit.

Going to Cozumel for the first time on Sunday and looking for suggestions on either my 3mm full or 5mm full. Don't want to bring both. Doing 3 days of 2 tank diving. Should be getting 60 plus min dives unless fighting current. My speed is slow and slower.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...r-water-temps-dive-operators-taxis-morek.html

---------- Post added July 31st, 2015 at 12:36 PM ----------
Exposure protection is a very personal thing - everyone has a different tolerance to get chilled. The best answer anyone can give you in the water temperature. Current temps are reading 82/83 F

What is the water temp in Cozumel?
The YEAR ROUND water temperature in Cozumel is consistently in the 78 – 84+/- range.
December - Feb: 78 - 80 +/-
March - May: 80 - 82 +/-
May - September: 82 - 84 +/- (occasionally can get in the 85/86 range...all computer variable anyway)
October - November: 80 – 82

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom