Sunnto battery replacement kits on Ebay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used a kit from one2ring off Ebay to change my Favor S battery, the battery was exactly the same as the factory battery that I took out of the computer, not a generic 1/2AA copy from a different manufacturer.

During battery replacement for my Suunto computers, I don't always bother to replace the o-ring.
On my Favor computers, I've never changed the o-ring (2 sets of battery changes over 10 years).
On my Mosquito, I'll change the o-ring with every other battery replacement. I purchase the official Suunto kit, which includes the plastic battery hatch (easily damaged during battery replacement), new o-ring, and replacement battery.
On my Vyper, I've never changed the o-ring (no battery changes yet, purchased used 2 years ago).
On my girlfriend's Gekko, I've never changed the o-ring (1 battery change over 6 years).

I would think that if the Ebay kit includes an o-ring, it would be the correct size. When in doubt, you could certainly use digital calipers to measure the o-ring size.
I've heard Vytec owners state that the battery o-ring is Suunto/Aqualung part #K5664, 1.78mm X 31.47mm. The o-ring is ShoreA 70 durometer.

+1 on the ebay kits. No problem! As a side note you can just buy any CR2450 battery for the computer and a CR 1/2 AA battery for the transmitter at pretty much any well stocked grocery store. Inspect your o-rings and be good to go!

...I've heard Vytec owners state that the battery o-ring is Suunto/Aqualung part #K5664, 1.78mm X 31.47mm. The o-ring is ShoreA 70 durometer.

That measurement translates to an AS568-026 o-ring. You can get them for 4cents each from o-rings usa.
BTW, I am not confirming that is the correct size for the computer only that the size referenced is that AS number.

Also the veo 100 and 180 series computers from OCEANIC use the same battery, o-ring, battery retainer and battery cover. The only difference I can see is the 2 holes for turning the lock ring on some suuntos are spaced slightly different so the Oceanic tool will not fit. But a light push with a small common screw driver achieves the same result.

That measurement translates to an AS568-026 o-ring. You can get them for 4cents each from o-rings usa.
BTW, I am not confirming that is the correct size for the computer only that the size referenced is that AS number.
@belairbrian: You're correct. I was too lazy last night to cross-reference the metric measurements with the AS568 imperial o-ring size.

Back
Top Bottom