Sunrise beach Thieves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scharmack

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A couple friends and I had two amazing dives from my boat today. What looked to be a mother and father with a young boy pulled up, quickly donned scuba attire dove in and filled a lobster bag stuffed full of scallops and took off!!!! What you did was ILLEGAL and by the way you went about it you no doubt are aware of that!!!!!!!!

Uhm, write down the license number and call fish and game???????

i hope u got the tag.... when u have it let me know so we can goto thier house and get it....

Call the Washington State Fish and Game with their information. They would really like to know about this. I really hate it when divers do this.

If caught here in Brazil, those people would be in jail. Charged with an ambiental crime, and those type of crimes are unbailable.

scharmack:
A couple friends and I had two amazing dives from my boat today. What looked to be a mother and father with a young boy pulled up, quickly donned scuba attire dove in and filled a lobster bag stuffed full of scallops and took off!!!! What you did was ILLEGAL and by the way you went about it you no doubt are aware of that!!!!!!!!

isnt scallop collecting legal in puget sound? according to WA fisheries they didnt do anything illegal. unless they didnt have shellfishing licenses.

Scallops
Pink & Spiny None 5 qts. or 10 lbs
in shell Open all Year Combined limit for both species. May be harvested only by hand or with a hand-held manually operated prying tool.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/shelfish/crabreg/area11.shtml

Sunrise beach reef is a sanctuary and it is ilegal to take any life from it period.....

I know this from experience. If you happen to have a camera, snap some photos, get a licence plate of the car and call the local or state wildlife commission. They will take care of it., Atleast they will in Florida

Back
Top Bottom