Sunset Waters Resort on Curacao is Permanently Closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the welcome K,

I have this info from very reliable sources.
And this is well known to staff and ex-staff working under the "supervision" of Lynn Bean.
These are facts that have never come to light, until now. That's why they prefer to blame the hotel for the closure. Kinda sad don't you think ?

Kind regards,

JJ

Gimme a break jjBrown. Jim Hunter and his erratic, alcoholic behavior was a big reason the placed closed. He ran it into the ground.. Service was terrible, but we kept going there BECAUSE of Lynn and the dive shop there. They were ALWAYS professional and brought business in.

I admit Jim Hunter was a little odd but we were pleased with the service. Reading guest reviews on tripadvisor indicates service and maintenance tanked after he left. The only thing I thought needed improvement at the dive shop was Lynn. The rest of the staff was awesome.

Having just returned from the area and hearing the scuttlebutt with the other dive ops, some who worked for the op in the past, the underlying cause, according to rumor, was gaming mafia and not being able to keep up with the "costs".

Our boat stopped there one day to look around and the place is totally gutted, right on down to the copper pipes in the walls and plumbing fixtures.

Our boat was there on a surface interval - down right depressing. the whole place was stripped completely! It is such a great location though - I hope it doesn't just sit there and rot away!

Hi valligurl,

The staff was professional, but Lynn wasn't.
Maybe to the guests it looked like she was. But she treated her staff bad.
She was supposed to be the manager and because she was not a people's person, most of the staff left after a couple of months. Only Carsten was there for a longer time.

anyone hear if there is anything happening to open a new resort at the location? anyone know where the staff ended up?

I read that he is the manager at Carina Bay in St. Croix. I don't have any information on anyone else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom