Sunto Dive Manager

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detroit diver once bubbled...
No crashes with me. My problem is getting a consistent download from the 'puter.

Are you using the stock Suunto Interface or Jamie's?

I have Jamie's and it works great. Maybe try cleaning the contacts of the Vytec.

My Set up works fine, but... I have one dive that is out of order with the rest of my log. Can you move a dive to a different field on the same chart, and can you change the dive # for that dive? Example: dive #11 s/b dive #2, how do you do that??

Yup, Mine crashes... Not a lot, but it does crash every once in a while.

I rund XP Pro, and use Jamies interface.... also using a VYTEC...

doesn't bother me much, but like I said it's not that often. I just remember to save right after a transfer so I don't end up retransfering every time.

Is your whole machine crashing or JUST the program.

Not to familiar with 2K... XP will just shut down the program and the OS remains stable.

As always I would try a reinstall... make sure to remove the registry key when you uninstall the first time to ensure a clean install.

ONE other thing... a complaint about the software... why doesn't it keep track of total dive time... ???

Good Luck :D

I'm running pIII w/ 256mb ram. Just DM crashes and it's usually after I recalc a dive then view another. I have reloaded the whole computer (OS & software) and it did not help. I am thinking it might be my log file. I have alot of manually added dives with manual profiles.

ONE other thing... a complaint about the software... why doesn't it keep track of total dive time... ???

It does. Go to <File>, <Print>, <Statistics> - it'll display a preview with your info including total dives, deepest dive to date, and total dive time.

off topic, but kinda odd... wheezy... I didn't know you were got an interface (but did recognize the location) so I checked out your profile and I see that you're only 28 days younger than I am. Jan 3, 77. About DM, I think if you added a lot of stuff manually, especially profile stuff, that could definately cause DM some headache's.

gerryw once bubbled...
I'm guessing that you must have a compatibility issue with other software or a bad copy. I also have a Cobra and SDM 1.4 and the incredibly expensive cable.

I use SDM with W2Kpro and Win 98 and never had a crash.

Have you tried reinstalling a new version?

I have a friend who could not get SDM to work with his WinXP, Finally he downloaded the most recent version from Suunto and that cleared up the problem. By the way, he had to totally erase the old version first. Installing the new version over the old one did not help.

Downloading from the computer to the PC is another thing altogether. The interface is very finicky. I had a heck of a time getting the two to talk at first, then it just started to work. I don't think I did anything differently. It worked flawlessly after that for over a year, 100+ downloads, then it stopped again about 2 months ago. A bit of swearing cleared up the problem and it works again.

It seems to be related to the phases of the moon. Or not.

Gerry

I run XP Pro, and the only issue I have is that sometime the contacts are a bit empermental. the software itself works on all the platforms I've used. 2K-pro (I hate Win98 and XPhome~they need ot be relgated to someplace unavailable) Win2k_pro has always worked with anything I've ever loaded.

Back
Top Bottom