Super impressed with upgrade from P&S to T2i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My husband recently upgraded from a point and shoot camera to a Canon T2i with a 60mm macro lens in a Sea&Sea Housing with 2 YS-01 strobes. Wow, talk about a huge difference in photo quality!! It's like night and day and no question he wishes he had made the switch much sooner.

The higher up the camera chain you go, the more you'll wonder why you settled for anything less! :) It sounds like you have a good setup there, can't wait to see some pics!

great!!

Good grief, tough crowd!!

Seahorse 3 small.jpg

We all believed you of course. I still think what makes a great photo is about 50% photographer (skill & artistic sense) , 25% equipment and 25% location & luck.
I have been tempted to house my T2i.
Great seahorse photo.

I just returned from my first trip with my newly housed T2i. We were in Cozumel for a week and got to try out the macro and wide angle lenses. I think the WA shots are really fun. You can see some of the shots at www.brucep.smugmug.com Heading t...3 and that is an incredibly powerful program.

Yes, that's our Hawaiian Seahorse taken in Maui about 10 days ago. :) Although I agree that the photographer is the biggest factor in good photos, there's simply no denying in my mind that the upgrade to a DSLR made a huge improvement in the clarity and quality of the photos this trip.

IMO the T2i/60mm macro lens combo blew our old P&S out of the water for subject quality and clarity in the photos. And we're talking about a "top of the line" type of P&S system with strobe and macro lens.

Where you really notice it is when you pull the photos up on Adobe at 100% (or greater) and can see EVERY detail crystal clear of a creature that is less than an inch in size in reality, but fills the frame entirely. The P&S simply never could accomplish this as well IMO.

Back
Top Bottom