Superior customer service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dhboner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I add a minor issue with my Petrel last week (every time I turned it on the display acknowledged a battery change even though I hadn't changed the battery). I e-mailed Shearwater who asked me to return it for inspection. I told them I had a dive trip in January and I didn't want to be without my computer. They assured me the turnaround would be quick. Earlier this morning a brand new replacement Petrel arrived under warranty. That is the hallmark of a great company. They make an industry leading product and back it up with first rate customer service.

Bob (Toronto)

Great to know! I have not had any issues with mine yet.

I had an issue with a four year old Predator a few months ago. The customer service was beyond my expectations. In my 20 years of diving, Shearwater Research has the best service after the sale of any dive manufacturer I have dealt with. As long as they remain this way, I will never be without at least one of their computers in my dive bag!

I've had my Predator for over 2 yrs now and have had the best customer service experience of my life with Shearwater's Curt McNamee. My first choice of dive computers is Shearwater because of their customer service. The rock solid performance and streamlined menu are just icing on the cake.

Lynne and Tyler at Shearwater went way above and beyond when I had some issues activating the vpm-b option. They didn't even laugh at me for providing the serial number in the wrong order (switched two numbers) when I provided it for the activation code. Once I did my part everything went smooth. Agreed - the best dive computer on the market today. Anything else is a wannabe IMO.

I upgraded my Petrel to support VPM through Divegearexpress, so this is great service from both GDE and SW. I placed the order on friday (easter) and received the unlock code this morning (24hr later).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom