Superior Diving Repair Experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ringmod65

Contributor
Reaction score
Blew out the neck seal on my Pinnacle drysuit last weekend. I ran across the website for Superior Diving Repair, Inc. and was curious as to whether anybody on the board had any recent (the website looks like it's from 1994!) experience with this outfit. Service? Workmanship? Price?

Thanks!!!

I used them last year for a leak test and replacing my neck and wrist seals. I would use them again. Their pricing is fair, turn around was prompt and the work was excellant.

Can't go wrong, great work and fair price. Have my DUI worked on by Mark twice. First time for alterations, second added a pocket.

Al

I'd avoid them. They failed to check my zipper and wrist seals as I requested, they sent my suit back using a different shipping method than what I requested, they take a long time to get to work once the suit arrives, and they are terrible at communication. The work itself (neo neck seal) is decent, though I know they screwed up the same fix on two of my buddies' suits, so I consider myself lucky.

I'm about to send in my suit to have the zipper fixed that Superior missed, but this time I'm using Gamble.

Thanks all. My next suit's gonna be a DUI with a neck zip-seal!

Phil and I have been using Superior Diving Repair since 2009. We've sent in 6 different drysuits over the years for such things as brass or Master T-zip zipper replacement, boot installation, neoprene neck and wrist seal replacement, fabric or seam leaks, as well as adding material to the length of the arms. A before and after pressurized leak test is how Mark judges what needs to be done. His work has always been 100% spot on. He goes the extra mile to ensure the suit is perfect before sending it back. Communication is prompt and it's nice that we can discuss repairs with them directly, either by phone or email. They will rush service (we've had to do this right before a trip) for a small fee.

That is great, but I am guessing in the last 12 years since he asked, he probably already had the work completed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom