Surf Entries and Exits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I learned to dive in Monterey. More than once we did the monestary crawl up the beach. Sometimes you do what you have to do. Slide up the beach, stab it with your dive tool and see if you can hang on.

Or, you can wait until a better day comes along.....

naw

kidspot:
Hey Charlie - thanks for the replies. Another fin find huh? Now if you could just find a market for single fins. . .

Aloha, Tim
What about amputees? Surely they would like to be able to buy just one fin, rather than a pair...

Maybe people are trying to find a reason to go out and buy ForceFins... "but honey, I need new fins -- I lost one of mine!"

Although, it could have something to do with the JetFins really not wanting to stay on people's feet...

You could always save up and when you have a matching pair, eBay them... :)

Charlie99:
What's strange is that all of my finds have been Jetfins or their clones.
I wonder if it's because they are the most likely ones to be negatively bouyant? It is amazing because other than commercial/professional divers I do not know any other divers wearing Jets on Maui -

Tim

P.S. I'd take it, but I already have 6 pair myself - 1 (pair that is -lol) in every size ;-)

kidspot:
KrisB:
Maybe people are trying to find a reason to go out and buy ForceFins... QUOTE]

ooooh - now them's fightin' words . . . lol
That they are... but have you tried them? Despite how funny they look, I noticed my exertion and air consumption decrease significantly after I started using them...

KrisB:
kidspot:
That they are... but have you tried them? Despite how funny they look, I noticed my exertion and air consumption decrease significantly after I started using them...

I don't mind trying new gear out, but not knowing anyone with a pair, I will continue happily using my jets :)

I do have plans to try out my buddies splits, but having used more flexible fins in the past I really like the responsive feel of the jets. And mostly I just want to see what all the "hype" is about - but I'm still a 'Jet's' Fan :wink:

Tim

btw - I have found jets to require far less exertion than any previous fins I have tried.

Well, I think it makes sense to say that to "feel" your fins means they're using up energy... the Force Fins are almost indistinguishable from not wearing fins -- except that you travel faster than anyone with normal ones on in the same number of kicks!

I've tried splits, full-foot and jets, too... my preference is definitely with the ForceFins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom