Surfers and Rip Force fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've since had a couple of sessions in the water with my Rip Force and have been enjoying getting to know them very much. I found the most useful key was something I read in here about 'spreading' your toes whilst kicking.

It made more sense to me to think of this more as 'relaxing' my toes after being used to clenching them in conventional footpockets and this allowed the power to come from the larger muscles of my leg rather than the lower leg.

The foot pocket works great and is very comfortable although I'm still working out how far forward I should insert my foot before strapping myself in.

All in all I'm very happy with them. I've got some whiskers on the way and hope they fit the Rip Force fins OK.

great to hear it, I am glad you have found something that works for you.

as for fitting, the goal is to ensure your toes are free and the pocket really only touches you above the arch of your foot and you'll be great, check out some of the photos that I took previously
Fitting

My whiskers have arrived and am looking forward to trying them out on the Rip Force.

They protude a little bit from the front of the fins but figure that's not a problem...

Bongoman, The whiskers were meant to stick out a bit, helping to keep water flow going back behind you. Try moving them inwards one click at a time, you can change power output for big surf conditions. Best bob

Thanks Bob. Looking forward to getting out in them...killer northerlies here in Byron Bay which doesn't make for good surf conditions...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom