Surgeon killed on wreck dive - Lecce, Italy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is freediving to 33m common when spearfishing?
When I was much younger and in much better shape I could freedive to 40 feet and stay down for 2-3 minutes. I thought that was good.

Yes they do it.. especially in Italy and sometime incidents happens.

Yes they do it.. especially in Italy and sometime incidents happens.

Wow. Maybe it’s different in clear water. When I was snorkelling/ freediving it was in lakes. The muddy bottom at 30-40’ looked just like the bottom at 10-15’ so I never tried to go deeper. I think I hit 60’ once when I was 15 but dad let me know not to do that again.

Yes they do it.. especially in Italy and sometime incidents happens.]

Wow, nasty video! Shallow water blackout. Notice how hard he was fining right before he passed out.

Wow, nasty video! Shallow water blackout. Notice how hard he was fining right before he passed out.

Yup, very sad.. he almost did it, however it started to syncope a way deeper already. It also show the importance of diving together with other people, he could have had a chance, and how the concentration and the adrenaline will lead to underestimate the risks and do the wrong calculation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom