suunto d4i did not activate and only shows free dive mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Gungahlin, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
# of dives
1000 - 2499
hi my wife yesterday had her 3rd dive (1st for the day) and the computer would not activate in dive mode as it was a shallow dive (5 meters) we dived for a further 20 minutes and it still hadn't activated so after the dive on the surface i checked and in dive mode it would only show dive and underneath free mode any clues appreciated? it was bought in november 2013 a day later and it still only shows free mode

Dive mode was possibly set to off causing it to have not activated automatically. If unit was set to free dive mode, dive mode should have been manually set before the dive.

A-peter Bickerton,

What CosFragger said is correct about the computer being in the "off" position. If your computer was set to a dive mode then it should have automatically activated after your descended a few feet. If your computer is not reacting to pressure then there could possibly be an issue with the pressure sensor. If this is the case then you may need to send her D4i to an authorized Suunto service center for evaluation. Have you tried using it since the that dive?

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Back
Top Bottom