Suunto D9tx AC symbol always on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EduardoA

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello!
Two years ago I purchased a Suunto D9tx, and two months ago the AC symbol on it never disappeared after my last dive. On every other way the computer performs as expected, but the AC indicator not turning off is a little odd. I cleaned the contacts with water and mild detergent as recommended by the user guide, but that didn't solve the issue. I would really appreciate if you could provide a solution. I bought the computer in South Beach Divers, of Miami, USA.
And another question: is there a user downloadable firmware update for this computer? or do I need to send it to Suunto? Does it have a cost?

Thanks!!!!

I would be curious to know if there is a better solution as well. Don't have a D9 but rather assorted Gekkos and Vypers, and it's pretty common for the AC symbol to be showing on or more of them. Cleaning has rarely if ever made it go away.

EduardoA,

I do apologize, I must have missed this post. That is certainly an issue that needs to be addressed at an authorized Suunto service center. The update is only able to be done at the service centers. The service center locator is currently down on the Suunto website, so if you could please let me know where you are located I will provide you with information for the nearest service center to you.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

I have a Vyper and I usually get that AC symbol too (I dive salt water). Fresh water + blowing on the contacts to remove the water residue generally solves the problem. The contacts are the ones which the USB data cable plug into/make contact with.

EduardoA,

I do apologize, I must have missed this post. That is certainly an issue that needs to be addressed at an authorized Suunto service center. The update is only able to be done at the service centers. The service center locator is currently down on the Suunto website, so if you could please let me know where you are located I will provide you with information for the nearest service center to you.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Chris,
Thanks for your feedback. I'm in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I think that the service center here is Nihebal S.A. (Nihebal S.A., importadora de relojes Festina, Adidas, Marc Jacobs y Suunto para la Argentina). Another question: which is the lead time for this service center? do they perform their own repairs or is the computer sent to Suunto HQ?

I have a Vyper and I usually get that AC symbol too (I dive salt water). Fresh water + blowing on the contacts to remove the water residue generally solves the problem. The contacts are the ones which the USB data cable plug into/make contact with.

Pao,
I tried that and other ways of cleaning the contacts, but none worked. It seems to be a common problem of certain Suunto Computers. Some of the divers with whom I normally dive have the same problem. Thanks anyway!

Back
Top Bottom