Suunto Favor S or Oceanic Veo 100?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobyPat

Reaction score
Both the Favor S and Veo 100 seem like great entry-level and resonable computers. I prefer the Favor S a little bit over the Veo 100, because of it's illuminated display and audible alarm (which could be helpful for me, the inexperienced diver). :wink:

Any suggestions to help me with the selection?

I am not going Nitrox in the near future and I definitely do not want to spend another fortune on a fancy computer that I do not need.

We have 2 of them (console models) and love them. The only downfall that we have seen is that it only holds 9 dive info.

I would reconsider the favor S to begin with, because it is discontinued. I know you mentioned that you are not going to nitrox anytime soon, but there is a new suunto called the gekko that has alot lower prices than the vyper. It has the same illumination that you saw on the favor S and can even do nitrox if you change your mind, as nitrox and the technical diving it is associated with is becoming more recreational everyday. The gekko even holds 50hours of diving. But if you are still opposed to the nitrox compatability, go for the veo. The oceanics are simple, with a large display, and easy to use. Not that I could ever find anything to complain about on my vyper.
One last thing is the decompression model on the suuntos. The RGBM is one of the best around giving suunto their great reputation. I would think about doing some research on that before chosing also...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom