Suunto query

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So if we come back to the original question she has 15minutes more bottom time. So either the NDL is 15 minutes longer or the ATR is 15 minutes longer and as such the NDL is more than 15 minutes longer.

Any ideas? Has the RGBM model changed over the years to become less conservative?

any advice appreciated

The display is labeled ATR or NDL. The lesser time is the one controling.

I use a D9. It displays BOTH Air Time and No Dec Time. I think this is true for all Suunto AI Dive Computers. The No Dec Time shows the real NDL regardless of remaining Air Time.

Makes you wonder who has it right.
They have it right within their own restrictions. NDL is not science, it's guessing with some math work. So every manufacturer and even every computer model can have a different NDL and still be right.

On a multi dive trip by dive 5 the Cressie showed 20 minutes less NDL than the Eon.
Out of curiousity, what were your typical SIs? I've seen my leonardo show < 99 NDL once or twice so far... but we tend to do "nice" profiles and an hour between dives unless it's lunch. In which case it more like 3+ hours.

Back
Top Bottom