Suunto Stinger for silly money

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heads Up i read somewhere that the Stinger wont allow the user to replace the battery, is this correct?

Yeah, Suunto recommend that you return it to them for a replacement - about £30 I think. This should only need doing every tweo years or so so shouldn't cause much of a problem. I have noticed adverts in the back of Dive magazine offering the services of third parties who can change the battery for you but (1) You invalidate your warranty and (2) How much cheaper than £30 will they be?

Way I look at it, when I've paid a couple of hundred quid for the computer, I don't mind spending £30 ecery couple of years to have the battery replaced.

Thanks for the lead towards the cheaper prices. With the current state of the Aussie $, every little bit counts.

Boz

Did a quick currency conversion and your 259 pounds converts to about US$350. Hmmmmm.....kinda an attractive deal. Wonder what shipping would be to Texas......

I do not have much experience with those suunto comps but this yer I was convinced by good friend of mine and also Suunto dealer to buy one. The interesting thing is that the best seller is definatelly Viper and not Stinger or Spider.
I can not compare those two yet but the price of Viper is much more attractive then Stinger's and if we compare the features available it also speaks in favour of Viper.
The key factor for my decission was the size of the screen - about two times of Stinger - very easy to see.
Normunds

Im going to ask what might seem like a very silly Q here. I just got my Stinger and its nothing short of excellent. Does anyone know what the other strap is for that comes in the box with the Stinger? I was thinking it was for the plastic guards you can get for suunto putes?

Aha thanks HeadsUP, yup you were right it was on my wrist at the time of typing that Q lol! :)

Back
Top Bottom