Suunto Stinger in wierd mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ttsugar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
  • Does anyone know which mode I am in and how to get out of it? Thx

Attachments

• IMG_20220516_200236.jpg
    IMG_20220516_200236.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 73
Not 100%, as I don’t have a Stinger, but the Cal makes me think it’s in Compass Calibration mode. Does it have an electronic compass? If so, try rotating in multiple axes to complete the calibration.

How did you get into it? Did you replace the depth sensor or have left the computer without battery for an extended period? My guess is it is in calibration mode. Not sure how to get out but while you are at it, remove the battery again and put it back and see whether you will get it back to normal.

How did you get into it? Did you replace the depth sensor or have left the computer without battery for an extended period? My guess is it is in calibration mode. Not sure how to get out but while you are at it, remove the battery again and put it back and see whether you will get it back to normal.
Old sensor, it had a display problem so I took the module apart and clean it, put all back and now stuck. I did remove the battery for 2 days but nothing change.

Not 100%, as I don’t have a Stinger, but the Cal makes me think it’s in Compass Calibration mode. Does it have an electronic compass? If so, try rotating in multiple axes to complete the calibration.
No compass

altitude self correction?

Ok, I suppose when you removed the sensor, it went off from its calibration with some reason. Are the buttons doing anything at that state? I would close the case and pressurize the computer (take it to a dive) and see whether there is any response. If buttons start doing anything under pressure, then, you might try to calibrate it with another computer or depth gauge.

@ttsugar
I have serviced probably a couple of hundred Suunto Stingers during the last 17 years and I've never seen the code CAL 21 that yours is showing. I suspect that you either damaged the pressure sensor when you cleaned it (probably by scrubbing the seal that prevents water to touch the electronics) or the flat cable that connects it to the electronic module is either damaged or has a bad electrical contact. I hate to tell you, but when a pressure sensor in a Stinger or any other dive computer malfunctions, the solution is not to "clean it" but to replace it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom